If you sell your house, avoid these six things that turn buyers off.
Looking to buy a home? Search all homes on the MLS
Looking to sell your home? Get a free home value report
If and when the time comes to sell your house, there are six turn-offs to buyers that you want to avoid:
- Water damage stains: First, you have to be sure to disclose any water damage in your seller disclosure statement. Then, fix the problem so that nobody sees awkward stains in your house.
- Smells: When you show your house, avoid overpowering air fresheners and try to neutralize pet odors like litter box smells. Consider bringing a friend over to take the sniff test to make sure it’s truly neutral.
- Lighting: Make sure your lighting is very bright and it all matches.
- Update your bathroom: Making it look updated can be as simple as changing out gold fixtures and pulls to something silver.
- Clear the clutter: It’s hard for anyone to envision their furniture in the house when there’s so much of yours obstructing their view.
- Put away any over-the-top decor: If you can, put away the things like extra fake plants and excessive drapery. Remember, buyers want to see the house and how they’ll live there.
If you have any questions about preparing your house for the market or you’re thinking of buying or selling a Minnesota home, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I’d be happy to help!